Thursday, May 24, 2007

IBM Promo Video on their new Virtual Biz Center

The simple thing that stuck with me, back when I heard Dr. Irving Wladawsky-Berger talk at as part of the RENCI Distinguished Lecture series was the observation that the '2D' web was about taking the catalog and putting it into the browser, while the 3D web was about taking the whole store, sales staff included, and putting it in a virtual space. The purely commercial side of the web is not the whole story by any means, but I suspect that the next Amazon or Ebay will rise from the 3D web, and that makes this stuff exciting to watch.

So dig this little YouTube video about the new IBM Virtual Biz center. I took five and logged in, and happened upon the real virtual site, and saw this thing on the Eightbar blog. IBM's Second Life presence is impressive, and I often point people there when they let me know that the virtual web is just a game....

No comments: