Monday, April 14, 2008

NetBeans 6.0.1 running like a's how I fixed it

Netbeans 6.0.1 was running like a pig on my ThinkPad T60p. I did a bit of poking around, and found this set of config changes quite helpful, so I'll pass them along:

This is in my netbeans.conf, which should be under Program Files/NetBeans 6.0.1/etc on Windows. The critical change was the memory config:
netbeans_default_options="-J-Dcom.sun.aas.installRoot=\"C:\Program Files\glassfish-v2ur1\" -J-client -J-Xss2m -J-Xms32m -J-XX:PermSize=32m -J-XX:MaxPermSize=200m -J-Xverify:none -J-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true"

Now NetBeans is running quite well. I'm hacking some Sun code samples to get data from the accelerometer to build a prototype air mouse. This isn't a standard mouse, but rather a way for multiple users to manipulate visualizations in the Social Computing Room. For grins, here's a shot of the space...

No comments: