Sunday, June 3, 2007

More along the lines of the MS Surface Computer

I"m linked to a video at Perceptive Pixel, I ran across this from Joho the Blog...It's worth a quick look, and expands on themes that surfaced last week with the little wave in the blogosphere around the Microsoft Surface Computer.

In Joho, David Weinberger makes the point that cool UI's are not necessarily usable UI's, which kind of bummed me out, I can't get past how cool it looked.

I know this isn't the point of Joho, but how would access to this thing make using computers a different thing? That is the question, versus how you would make the UI do what your keyboard and mouse does today. Also, break out of the 2D browser model. What about navigating tag clouds or graphs of links as part of searching...toss something into an RSS feed out to collaborators.

Anyhow, take a look at the video...

No comments: