This is a plug in to nicely handle all the CRUD that still required lots of coding using the vanilla Rails framework. The promised benefits include (quoting from the ActiveScaffold page):
- An AJAXified table interface for creating, updating, and deleting objects
- Automatic handling of ActiveRecord associations
- Sorting, Search and Pagination
- RESTful API support (XML/YAML/JSON) baked in
- Sexy CSS styling and theming support
- More extension points than you can shake a stick at
- Guaranteed to work on Firefox 1+, IE 6+ and Safari 2+
- Released under the MIT License, the same one as Rails itself, so you can use it freely in your commercial applications.
This plug-in is good for me, as I found I'm a DHSB, from this programmer's test...what are you?
Your programmer personality type is:
You're a Doer.
You are very quick at getting tasks done. You believe the outcome is the most important part of a task and the faster you can reach that outcome the better. After all, time is money.
You like coding at a High level.
The world is made up of objects and components, you should create your programs in the same way.
You work best in a Solo situation.
The best way to program is by yourself. There's no communication problems, you know every part of the code allowing you to write the best programs possible.
You are a liBeral programmer.
Programming is a complex task and you should use white space and comments as freely as possible to help simplify the task. We're not writing on paper anymore so we can take up as much room as we need.